Recognised as one of the leading holiday destinations in the USA, Anaheim is home to Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure Park, the vibrant Downtown Disney District and some of the best shopping, dining and entertainment found in Southern California. The city boasts a Major League Baseball team (the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim) and the National Hockey League’s Anaheim Ducks, and it’s also home to the training camps for the men’s and women’s USA Olympic volleyball teams.
Don’t leave without tasting...
The five-pound OMG burger at the Catch Restaurant. Not only is it a great photo op, it’s a really tasty burger.
Don't overlook this...
Battle of the Dance is an exciting, family-friendly dinner show and musical extravaganza. Celtic and Flamenco dancers dazzle the audience with fast-paced rhythms and flawless synchronisation.
One awe-inspiring building
You can’t tell by looking at it, but the 1.6-million-square-foot Anaheim Convention Center—with a dramatic glass-walled tower entrance—is the largest convention centre on the West Coast.
- At Anaheim GardenWalk, just steps from Disneyland Resort and the Anaheim Convention Center, you can dine at tasty favourites like Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., Roy’s Hawaiian Fusion Cuisine, FiRE + iCE , Bar Louie and McCormick & Schmick’s
- Shop at stores such as White House/Black Market, Harley-Davidson, Lush, and O’Neill. Go bowling at 300 Anaheim, ‘catch a movie’ at UltraStar Cinemas or go clubbing at Heat Ultra Lounge—a Las Vegas-style nightclub—and Pop the Cork Wine Bar
- Located right in the heart of the Disneyland Resort, the Downtown Disney District is a gathering place for spontaneous fun and nighttime entertainment, with live music and a variety of restaurants and shops to explore.
Top photo opportunities
- In front of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle at Disneyland
- Underneath the giant red metal baseball caps near the entrance to Angel Stadium of Anaheim.
Want to stay up late?
The 6,000-square-foot Club Ember Cafe and Music Club has a reputation as the place for nightlife in Orange County. With its giant Gucci ring cabanas, a Swarovski crystal chandelier that changes colour, the Roman marble bars and multiple VIP areas, Ember Cafe and Music Club feels both luxurious and welcoming. A rotating line-up of world-class and local DJs provides the grooves.
Where locals go to relax
- There are no flat-screen TVs or music playing at Anaheim Brewery, just good old-fashioned socialising with a pint—or two
- The Oak Canyon Nature Center is a 58-acre natural park nestled in the Anaheim Hills with a stream meandering through the park.
You might be surprised by...
Anaheim Ballet has an outstanding programme and troupe.
You’ll know you’re here when...
You see the Disneyland Matterhorn on the skyline and the Big A at Angel Stadium of Anaheim—and lots of people wearing Mickey Mouse ears.
Your child will always remember...
His or her first visit to Disneyland Park.
Featured Travel Journal
Official Anaheim Travel Site
Official Anaheim Travel Site
Anaheim/Orange County Visitor & Convention Bureau