There are smiles, and then there are heart-racing, taste-bud tempting, once-in-a-lifetime smiles. Those are the kinds of smiles waiting for you in Orlando. Here, you'll encounter smile after smile of larger-than-life experiences. Moments that don't only define your vacation, they redefine your very definition of one. That's because only Orlando delivers the kind of vacation every member in your family can smile about.
Kids craving white-knuckle excitement? Orlando is home to world-famous theme parks, each bursting with thrilling, adrenaline-producing rides. Or maybe you’d like to throw on a bathing suit and soak up some sun? Dozens of aquatic attractions abound, from roaring, soaring water slides to lay-back-and-relax float-along fun. Then, there are the many adventures that are waiting outside Orlando’s five-star attractions, like stunning eco-adventures, celebrated golf courses and countless other escapes for your entire family.
And, if that weren’t enough, there’s always the smile-inducing thrills that come from Orlando’s celebrity-worthy shopping and celebrity chef dining.
But perhaps the real beauty of an Orlando vacation is that in addition to all the extraordinary things there is to do, you really don’t have to do much to have a great time. Lounge by the pool. Enjoy a rejuvenating spa massage. Or simply do a little people watching at an outdoor café.
So, when it comes to exciting, smile-filled vacations, it’s no surprise that only Orlando gives each and every member of your family more opportunities to have the time of their lives – one unforgettable smile at a time. Don’t wait. Discover your lifetime of smiles today.
Orlando, Florida Highlights
Don't leave without tasting...
The Gator Chowder at Everglades Restaurant in the Rosen Plaza Hotel or the Pescado de Oriente—a delightful, citrus-glazed fillet of striped bass—at Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar at Pointe Orlando.
Where locals go to relax
Lake Eola in downtown Orlando has enchanting swans, beautiful gardens, an amphitheatre for live shows and swan-shaped paddle boats built for two. Or stroll along the quaint streets of Winter Park, dotted with restaurants, boutiques and museums.
You might be surprised by...
- Mills50 District. A vibrant, culturally diverse, progressively minded and eclectic mix of artists, restaurants, businesses, specialty shops, markets, neighborhoods and residents.
- Eatonville, the first black township in America, is home to the Zora Neale Hurston Museum
- Hannibal Square has great shopping and restaurants, and a heritage centre that explores the history of Winter Park’s African-American community
- For live performance, check out the Orlando Ballet, the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra, The Abbey and the Mad Cow Theatre.
Your child will always remember...
The wonder and amazement of Orlando's theme parks. Be sure to check out the parks’ ‘character dining’, where your child can dine with his or her favourite characters.
Mickey Mouse ears, Shamu stuffed toys, Harry Potter wands—and the smiles kids and adults alike take home with them.
Be sure to pick up a free Orlando Magicard, filled with discounts from hundreds of retailers, restaurants and hotels throughout the city.
Thornton Park, with its bohemian vibe, unique shops, bars and restaurants, is a magnet for Orlando’s young, trendy crowd. The neighbouring Milk District, with underground shops that are uniquely Orlando, is another cool spot.
Take a walk through Harry P. Leu Gardens, one of Orlando’s most popular spots for weddings. This 50-acre collection of botanical gardens includes a rose garden with a collection of rare and antique roses, a butterfly garden and a magnolia garden. It also hosts events that cater to couples, such as the romantic Jazz Stroll and Valentine’s Movie Night.
- Ziplining at Florida EcoSafaris at Forever Florida
- A sunrise hot-air balloon ride on one of the nation’s largest at Orlando Balloon Rides
- Golf at one of 170 courses in the area
- For a day at the beach, take a short drive to the Space Coast, home to some of Florida’s most pristine beaches and lots of opportunities for fishing and surfing.
Just want to indulge?
The outdoor rooftop pool at the Grand Bohemian in downtown Orlando is an oasis. Or try the Waldorf Astoria Spa by Guerlain, a 24,000-square-foot facility with more than 20 private treatment rooms.